Are you looking for an opportunity to join a fast growing company and further develop your personal and professional skills? We’re looking for a Director of Finance to join Krause Holdings, Inc (KHI). If you work best in a fast-paced environment where every day is different, than this could be the opportunity for you!
The Director of Finance helps create robust financial strategies and provides insightful decision support analysis that will enable the organization to achieve its vision.
The Director provides financial planning and analysis for KHI, the parent company (and its various entities) and the KHI Family Office including private foundations and Krause family investment interests. It is estimated that 80% of the position’s focus will be on KHI/parent company financial management and 20% in support of the Family Office financial stewardship. This position is actively engaged in, produces and helps manage: global cash planning and forecasts, capital investment allocations and decisions, debt management and structuring, investing and managing marketable securities, direct equity investments, financial evaluation and securing financing for real estate and other business opportunities. The Director provides effective (domestic and international) financial planning and analysis, tax filing support, financial and management reporting, regulatory and debt covenant compliance, capital planning, forecasting, cash management, financial due diligence, and wealth transfer at the Family Office level. The role manages budgets, relationships with financial advisors and lending institutions, and works in partnership with accounting resources or other internal and external support as needed.
This position serves at the parent company level and thus is responsible for a high degree of confidentiality, a significant dollar value of decision impact, and for managing (directly or indirectly) a significant level of risk.
Overview of Responsibility:
- Promotes Krause family businesses and interests internally and externally.
- Responds to the needs and requests of family members, management, and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
- Benchmarks best practices with other family office financial executives.
- Strategic financial support
- Provides overall financial support for KHI and the Family Office, including playing a key role in creating the financial vision and financial strategy for both.
- Helps develops overall financing strategies for multiple legal entities to maximize the benefit of leveraged structures and alternative financing opportunities.
- Establishes family investment and financial management policies and procedures, and facilitates the family investment committee.
- Financial planning and analysis
- Develops financial plans, including budgets and forecasts that cover various time periods. These financials plans will be developed based on a solid understanding of the underlying strategies and in close collaboration with the business partners and the appropriate finance team members and leadership.
- Develop robust financial models to provide comprehensive financial insights and recommendations.
- Uses a strong background in accounting to ensure financial planning and analysis is developed within the appropriate accounting framework and provides recommendations for value added accounting.
- Develops robust financial analysis and related decision-support insights in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy that maximizes KHI decision making and resource allocation for any of the KHI businesses.
- Provide innovative, leading edge thinking in the areas of financial and business planning, analysis and management that will further KHI’s decision making and resource allocations to be best of breed.
- Investment planning and analysis for direct investments, real estate and alternative investments for subsidiaries, captives, and foundations. Provides investment analysis and buy/sell recommendations for KHI stakeholders and entities as directed.
- Consolidates or combines financials on a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, or annual basis at KHI level.
- Consolidates financial positions to effectively manage debt and banking relationships. Helps manages existing debt and support negotiations for new debt facilities.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with financial/tax advisors and lending institutions.
- Uses strong accounting background to develop points pf view and recommendations to improve the company’s financial decision making and ensure the company is following standard GAAP and private company GAAP practices.
- Provides and ensures effective day to day execution of tax, finance and financial reporting. Prepares financial statements, schedules, projections, and tax schedules.
- Manages current investments and projects as well as identifies and evaluates investment opportunities.
- Establishes a process for family financial needs including operating a family bank as needed.
- Provides insights, leading edge thinking in all areas of financial management.
- Maximizes financial performance and implements best practices.
- Ensure the organization’s assets are protected and internal controls are strong.
To be successful, candidates must demonstrate the following Competencies -
Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it