The Senior Credit Specialist position will report directly to the Credit Operations Manager. This position is involved in many aspects of the Commercial Loan Department, including the processing and preparation of loan transactions, funding transactions, and perfecting collateral.
Senior Credit Specialists are required to be proficient in all areas of Compliance that apply to Commercial loans, as well as to know loan policy and aid in the reporting of policy exceptions.
Senior Credit Specialists may join Commercial Lenders out of the office, both on prospect and existing customer calls. It is the expectation of the Senior Credit Specialist to provide expert support to the Banks commercial customers in the absence of the Commercial Lender, understanding the customers relationship with the Bank, and responding to requests as needed.
The Senior Credit Specialist will assist in development of branding the Bank in the designated market. Representing the bank in community groups and participating in promoting the Bank as directed through Bank management and the Marketing Committee.
This position will serve as a liaison between the lender and the customer when questions arise regarding the status of an impending loan. Other duties covered by this position include completing loan closing documents and assisting customers with loan questions, payments and payoffs.
- Prepare timely and accurate loan documents using the Banks software system or Attorney for upcoming loan closings for a variety of different types of credit transactions. Book credit actions to the Core system of Fiserv after closing, and disburse funds as needed.
- Work with parties involved in the sale of real estate, including sellers, buyers, real estate agents, attorneys, abstract offices, and brokers as needed to prepare settlement statements and closing documents.
- Aid in maintaining the banks tickler system – monitor for insurance, final title opinions, vehicle titles, follow up items post-closing, and any other items that require follow up post-closing
- Serve as backup for Credit Operations Assistant in participation processing, paid note processing, loan file imaging, and daily statement and report review
- Serve as backup for Credit Operations Manager in Loan Committee and Board Meeting Secretary. Learn to prepare board reports, loan committee reports and other monthly tasks as needed to assist the Credit Operations Manager
- Responsible for balancing of loan accounts.
- Accountable for tracking compliance and loan policy exception items.
- As part of the overall SSBT’s team of employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Make the necessary schedule adjustments to coordinate efforts with others to ensure work consistency.
Attention to Detail:
- Regard for important details to assure accuracy in every transaction performed; detect errors; follow through on corrections and details.
- Respond sensitively to the needs and priorities of the customer; recognize and take appropriate action to meet their needs; establish an effective working relationship with customers to gain their respect and loyalty.
- Must understand the fundamentals of consumer lending and consumer loan processing.
- Must understand the fundamentals of commercial lending , collateral perfection, and commercial loan processing.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as prorations, interest, commissions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- The ability to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to read, analysis, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner that promotes trust in the individual and the organization.
- Fiduciary responsibility for the safekeeping and management of valuable assets and highly confidential, sensitive information, which requires ethics and professionalism beyond reproach.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.